Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Another look at a card with the Le Jardin DSP combined with the Always stamp set and the Pretties kit. I promise it is the last of this look for a while. What is cool here is the paper rick rack which I made myself. Using the brand new scallop boarder punch, coming out in the latest SU! catalog, you can make any color or pattern rick rack you desire. Come to August's Technique Time! class and learn how. The new catalog is coming August 11th. As always, all supplies are from SU!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
This Friday, July 25th come and make the Canvas Accordion Book. The class features the Carte Postal and French Flair stamps along with the coordinating designer series paper Le Jardin. This picture is of the beautiful cover. Stay tuned for more inside photos. See the right side border for the class details.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
If you like making criss cross cards you'll love this version of the Criss Cross Box. This is just the perfect size for packaging 4.25" x 5.5" cards with envelopes. We made this box, and three more projects, at my Technique Time! class last Friday. We also stamped a simple card to match. As always, all supplies are from SU!
Friday, July 11, 2008
It is amazing what fun you can have making your own background papers. For this blended background do the following:
1. Cut the side and bottom off of a page protector so it will open like a book.
2. Select two or three colors of reinkers and squeeze by droplets onto the right side of page protector trying not to get the colors too close.
3. Place a piece of glossy cardstock face down onto ink drops.
4. Close the left side of the page protector.
5. Turn the entire piece over and rub and move the ink around to fill the white spaces.
6. Uncover and remove cardstock then let air dry or heat set.
7. Stamp and have fun!
All supplies are from SU!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
So, I finally tried out this technique that I had read about a very long time ago. Here is how you do it:
1. Spritz glossy cardstock with water using a spray bottle.
2. Using an Aqua Painter pick up refill ink and smear it in sections onto spritzed cardstock.
3. Repeat smearing refill ink but with another color.
4. Sprinkle salt on the wet painted cardstock.
5. Lightly spritz with water.
6. Let air dry or set with heat tool.
7. Rub of salt crystals and stamp as desired.
All supplies for this Here Kitty Kitty birthday card are from SU! Yes, there is glitter on this card--just a few touches on the party hat.
Double click on the close up of the kitty see a close up of the custom piece of salted background paper.
Monday, July 7, 2008
For this card I used part of what is left from my Boho Blend Simply Scrappin' kit. I made this card super quick. If you look close you can see the rub on greeting. That is also a piece left from the colored SAB rub on set. Lately I have not been adding glitter as I seem to be in a button or bling kind of mood. Bring on the buttons or the bling!!!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Here is a card I made which was inspired by Kristina Werner's color challenge. This week her color combo is:
Basic Black, Basic Grey, Ruby Red, River Rock,
and Whisper White.
All supplies are from SU! My favorite touch is the square rhinestone brad which has been popped through a clear button.
Check out Kristina's blog http://kwernerdesign.com/blog